Sights in Salzburg
The top 10 destinations in the city of Salzburg
The richness and range of sights in Salzburg is very wide – which is rather surprising compared to the size of the city. The Hohensalzburg fortress, the fantastic, historic buildings in the old town, the numerous churches, the crystal-clear lakes and the beautiful mountains in the federal state of Salzburg – in Salzburg you can enjoy a perfect holiday! Culture and music in the churches, palaces, at the Salzburg Festival or other concerts, contemporary art in the museums and galleries, traditions and customs at the Christmas market or at Easter, historic moments above the city at the castle or below the city in the salt mines, culinary highlights in the numerous cafés and beautiful natural surroundings in the Salzkammergut – all these attractions and sights are waiting for you in Salzburg!
To give you an idea as to what you have to see during your holiday in Salzburg we have listed the top 10 sights in Salzburg for your information. And the best thing for guests at the Altstadthotel Wolf-Dietrich is that all of the top sights in Salzburg are close by. You can reach them with a short walk, by bus, by bicycle or with one of the traditional cabs. If you want to go on a guided tour, you can be picked up directly from the hotel.
The top 10 sights in Salzburg
- Hohensalzburg fortress with a guided tour through the chambers and the museum
- Birthplace of Mozart in the Getreidegasse
- Residence of Mozart at the Markartplatz
- Salzburger Dom - the cathedral with the crypt and the tombs of the archbishops of Salzburg
- Hellbrunn Palace with its famous water features
- Das The Salzburg Museum
- Museum der Moderne on the Mönchsberg mountain
- Das Haus der Natur
- Old and new residence with its ceremonial rooms and the Residenzgalerie
- Salzburg Zoo in Hellbrunn