The 4-star Hotel Wolf-Dietrich is located in a picturesque street in the Salzburg Old Town. The hotel consists of two buildings. In both the main house and the Residenz building, you will find charming rooms and spacious suites, family rooms and single rooms.
We are a family-run hotel predominantly managed by women.
In the interests of better readability, we have decided to use the masculine form when discussing people on this website. The masculine form of course applies to all genders in all cases, except when explicitly excluded.
- When you book our standard rate, you can cancel your reservation for free up to 1 day before arrival (by 6 pm). If you cancel later, your credit card will be charged the full amount of your stay.
- If you have chosen a non-refundable rate, we are unfortunately unable to offer free cancellation or rebooking.
- Hotel Main House: here is where you will find the reception, hotel bar, gym and small spa with pool and sauna.
- The Residenz is situated across the street. Wolf-Dietrich-Straße is a very quiet street that is located adjacent to the pedestrian area of the Linzergasse.
- Check-in is from 2 pm.
- Check-out is until 11 am.
- Ask about our late check-out! We can store your luggage for you and you can use hotel amenities – such as the pool, spa and gym – on the day you arrive and depart.
- The hotel’s parking spots (underground car park) are located just a few minutes’ walk away from the Altstadthotel Wolf-Dietrich.
- Fee: € 18 per car per night
- Guests can access the hotel by car at any time, and you can load and unload your bags in peace. There is a bollard directly in front of the hotel – guests receive bollard codes at reception. Therefore, when you arrive please park your car just in front of the bollard and get the code at the reception. You will also receive your entry ticket for the underground car park at that time.
- If you would like to be picked up from Salzburg Airport, please let us know at the time you book your room. We will be happy to organise airport pick-up!
We are happy to organise:
- Salzburg city tours
- Tickets for concerts and events
- Laundry service
- Restaurant reservations
- We kindly ask guests to arrange tickets for special events such as the Salzburg Festival themselves.
- Dogs are warmly welcome – please inform us in advance if you’re travelling with your dog. Please note that they are not allowed in our spa or in the breakfast room. However, you can enjoy breakfast with your dog at a specially set table in our cosy hotel lobby.
- Dog fee: € 10 per dog per day (without food)
Look forward to your stay at an especially dog-friendly hotel and to meeting our hotel dog, Frieda!
Spa, Fitness & More
- Free for hotel guests and open daily from 8 am – 10 pm
- The spa is located in the main house of the Hotel Wolf-Dietrich.
- If you are staying in the Residenz building, you will have to cross the street to access the spa. The spa has changing rooms available.
- Use of the spa is included in your room rate.
- Bathrobes: you will find a bathrobe in your room for use during your stay. Please ask reception if you need bathrobes for children or terry cloth slippers.
- You will find plenty of towels at the spa.
- Enjoy revitalised Grander water from the tap at the spa.
- Hotel pool with counter-current system
- Dimensions: 3.6 x 7 metres / Depth: 1.4 metres
- Kids love our pool! However, we kindly ask you to remember that the spa area is for relaxing.
- Balls, floats and toys are not allowed in our pool. Thank you for your understanding!
- We ask all parents to exercise their duty of care for children up to the age of 12, as there is no lifeguard at our pool.
Our small and lovely spa area with sauna, steam bath and infrared cabin is a nude area. Guests must wear a swimsuit in the pool area.
- The sauna area is reserved for guests 16 and older.
- Book your massage appointment when you book your room or at the latest when you check in.
- Depending on availability, we may have some last-minute massage appointments available. Massages will be charged to your room.
In the basement of our hotel, you will find a completely renovated gym with treadmill, cross-trainer, exercise bike and many Technogym machines.
We have two e-mountain bikes and two city bikes available to hire.
Rooms & Suites
All rooms have air conditioning and some have a balcony.
- Hairdryer & cosmetic mirror
- Shower and toilet
- Cable TV
- Mini-bar (subject to charge)
- Hotel safe
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Bathrobe to use during your stay
- Tablet with internet connection in your room
- Selection of newspapers on your room tablet
The Altstadthotel and Residenz (in the annex) wow visitors with the charm and character typical of buildings in the “Gründerzeit” style. The rooms and suites in our historic buildings, built at the turn of the 20th century, have been well planned and carefully adapted to the required floor plans.
We offer solo travellers single rooms without additional surcharge.
Hypoallergenic bed linen and pillows are available upon request! Please inform us of any allergy needs at the time you book your room.
As a family-run hotel, we are proud to offer all the equipment you need! We have baby gear including prams, baby monitors, high chairs, cots, bottle warmers, changing pads and baby bath tubs available.
Please let us know if you need bathrobes for your kids. We can also organise babysitting for you!
Breakfast & Hotel Bar
Available upon request and with no extra surcharge: gluten-free bread, lactose-free milk, etc. Please inform us of special requests or dietary requirements at the time you book your room.
Not a breakfast person? You can also book your room without breakfast!
The Wolf-Dietrich-Bar opens at 11 am. Coffee, tea, soft drinks, cocktails, beer and an excellent selection of wine are available until 11 pm (or midnight during the Salzburg Festival). We invite you to enjoy your drink on the hotel terrace in summer!